With the holidays upon us, Food & Nutrition’s recipe developers cooked up a beautiful spread of secretly nutritious snacks, sweets and mocktails that are sure to entertain guests! Find our other “Festive Fete” recipes here.
Serving size: 2 pieces
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon (8 milliliters) lemon juice
- 4 slices seeded rye bread
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- Halve, pit and scoop flesh from avocado into a small mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons dill, chives, garlic, pepper and lemon juice and mash until smooth and combined.
- Toast slices of bread and lay on a clean cutting board or countertop.
- Top each slice with a quarter of the avocado mixture, about 2 tablespoons.
- Cut slices into 4 equal-sized pieces. Top each square with equal amounts of onion, radishes and salmon.
- Garnish each with remaining dill.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 112; TOTAL FAT 4g; SAT. FAT 1g; CHOL. 13mg; SODIUM 230mg; CARB. 13g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 7g; POTASSIUM 185mg; PHOSPHORUS 88mg