With the holidays upon us, Food & Nutrition’s recipe developers cooked up a beautiful spread of secretly nutritious snacks, sweets and mocktails that are sure to entertain guests! Find our other “Festive Fete” recipes here.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 7 minutes
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) olive oil
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon pureed, canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup Garlic White Bean Dip
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add corn, onion and jalapeño and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until onion is translucent.
- Stir in pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and bean dip. Stir well to combine and cook for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 71; TOTAL FAT 3g; SAT. FAT 0g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 79mg; CARB. 9g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 2g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A