3 tablespoons dried oregano
3 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until mixed well. The texture should be coarse, not powdery.
- Transfer to an air-tight container.
- Leftovers last for up to 2 months.
- Serving suggestions: Rub the spice mixture into a flank steak just before grilling or sprinkle over chicken breast before pan searing.
- Make a marinade or sauce by whisking ¼ cup of rub with ½ cup of sunflower oil and 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Makes ¾ cup of rub (Serving size : 1 tablespoon)
Calories 9; Total fat 0g; Sat. fat 0g; Chol. 0mg; Sodium 933mg; Carb . 2g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 0g; Protein 0g; Potassium 58mg; Phosphorous 9mg