Fresh arugula and black radish are tossed with warm bulgur, juicy pomegranate seeds and crunchy sliced almonds in this flavorful salad. A drizzle of sweet maple-balsamic dressing provides the finishing touch.
Warm Arugula and Bulgur Salad with Black Radish and Pomegranate Seeds
Developed by Amari Thomsen
Serving size: 2 cups (190 grams)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- [350 grams] 1½ cups (350 milliliters) water
- [160 grams] 1 cup bulgur, dry
- [5 grams] 2 cloves garlic, minced
- [50 grams] ¼ cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- [40 grams] 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
- [35 grams] 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) maple syrup
- [15 grams] 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
- [<1 gram] ¼ teaspoon salt
- [<1 gram] ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- [140 grams] 10 cups arugula
- [50 grams] ½ cup sliced almonds
- [75 grams] 1 cup black radish, peeled and julienned (about 1 radish)
- [190 grams] 1¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Turn off heat and remove pan from stovetop. Add bulgur to the hot water, cover and let sit for 20 minutes until all water is absorbed. To make dressing, whisk garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, add arugula and cooked bulgur, then toss to combine using salad tongs. Add dressing to arugula and bulgur mixture and toss to combine. Add almonds, radish and pomegranate seeds. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving:
CALORIES 323; TOTAL FAT 16g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 137mg; CARB. 41g; FIBER 7g; SUGARS 12g; PROTEIN 7g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in black radish not available.