Continuing Professional Education quizzes offer dietetics professionals the opportunity to earn CPE credit. Food & Nutrition offers 2.0 CPE hours via a self study (not professional reading) for completing the entire issue. Quiz questions reflect a series of articles, not a single article.
IMPORTANT: If you are reading this through the HealthStylz app on your tablet or smart phone, copy this URL (HealthStylz.com/CPE) and paste it into your device internet browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) for full functionality.
Below are links to Food & Nutrition CPE quizzes. All questions are multiple choice and include an answer key.
- Enter your name and CDR registration number.
- Answer all of the quiz questions.
- Enter the Captcha® code. (This is to verify you are a real person and not a bot.)
- Press the SUBMIT button.
- From the confirmation page, you may choose to download a Certificate of Completion or email yourself a link to the certificate. Click one of the links — either to download or to email certificate:
- Download: the certificate will appear in your browser window as a PDF; print the certificate from this page or right-click to download and save.
- Email: this will open your computer’s default email program with a populated message that includes a link to download the certificate. Be sure to change the email recipient “To:” field to your email address.
- Print and fill out the certificate for your records. Retain a copy for your portfolio and licensure needs. Food & Nutrition will have your participation on file for seven (7) years.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) will need to manually log this activity in the Step 4 CPE Activity Log. It is up to the practitioner to determine which learning needs code is most appropriate for his or her portfolio.
|Quiz Expiration Date||2/27/2018|
|Estimated time to complete activity||2.0 hrs|
|Quiz CPE credits||2.0 hrs|
|Quiz Activity Type||720|
This CPE quiz covers the following articles:
- Discover: Food Trends
- Peppercorn Imposters
- The Benefits of Essential Oils
- Spice Interactions
- Potato Power
- Evolving the Ethnic Aisle
- Fares of Faith: Celebrating Seder
- Unite: The Golden Spice
- Savor: Horseradish
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able t
- Explain the evidence for the use of essential oil therapy.
- Provide an example a traditional dish served at Passover.
- Identify the drivers behind the increase in ethnic and ethnic-inspired foods available in grocery stores.
- Describe the difference between true and false peppercorns.
- Explain the benefits of a rasp grater.
- Describe the different forms of horseradish that are available.
- Compare the properties and culinary uses for different types of potatoes.
- Identify at least two of the purported benefits of turmeric.
- List two examples of potential herb/spice and medication interactions.