Synopsis of the App
The newly redesigned Darkroom app is a robust photo editor that lets you access many of the same editing tools as professional photography editing software on the go.
Platform and Price
Free + in-app purchases. Apple only.
5 out of 5
- User-friendly design.
- Access your entire photo library organized by album without importing each one individually.
- Fully featured tools for editing on the go from color correction to perspective adjustments.
- Batch any number or set of photos for editing at once.
- Easily copy edits and apply to other photos.
- Create and save custom filters or use the ones included.
- Track, undo and redo edits while you work with Darkroom’s history button.
- Easily access final images in the dedicated “edited” section.
- Supports editing and exporting a range of large and high-resolution images including RAW files.
- Use the transform tool to adjust vertical and horizontal perspective and fix bad angles.
- Automatically hide screenshots from your homepage to keep the workspace clutter-free.
- Export photos as 80 to 100% JPEG, tiff, Live photo and PNG.
- Includes preset aspect ratios for Instagram portrait and landscape and others including 1-1 square, HD and cinematic export options.
- Share images directly to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Upgrade for additional tools such as the curve and color tools for even more editing power.
- Includes 11 tutorials for using curves, editing for dramatic black and white images, and more.
- Works without an Internet connection.
- Available for the iPhone only with no immediate plans to expand to the iPad or Android platform.
- Darkroom still uses battery power quickly.
Darkroom is billed as the only photo editor you need. This fully featured mobile editor is ideal for anyone who needs to edit on the go or shares images online.